Saturday, September 26, 2009

Patience, a virtue?

Ceramics does not provide the instant gratification I am so used to. There are many stages of process with kiln visits and drying time thrown in between. It is testing my patience threshold. One one hand, it provides time to think about the next step as opposed to just going for it, which is my usual fashion; on the other....well, it's just a waiting game.

It is good for my ADD brain, that is a benefit. So while waiting I work on other projects! Thursday I trekked to Dripping Springs to my old j.o.b. to make stretcher bars for some painitngs! Here are some snapshots of my production. That resource has proven itself over and over again to be a godsend when I need to build stuff, etc. Thanks Ted.









Then, I headed to Dougherty again to continue sample making for classes.





No comments: