Monday, May 28, 2007

The Crunch

It's crunch time and I am painting my little fanny off this week. I had a nice relaxing weekend out at my friend's place, Juniper Hills Farm where we lounged and took a cooking class. I was anxious though to come home and get to work.

I am really excited about my new paintings. I'm really trying to refine my textures and designs and I think I'm on my way. I really want to burn them like I used to to get the antiqued look, but it's such a gamble because I don't have a ton of control over the outcome. You can see some examples of my burn series I did a few years back on my website.

Don't forget that I am giving a "sneak peek" viewing on Thursday before my show opening. Purchases will be taken at that time as well. The only catch is that I ask they are displayed at my show for a week or two until I can replace them with new work, but more on that later.

DIYthing has contacted me to do an interview for their blog and I'm excited to find out more about that possibility. How flattering!

Okay, back to work. I wish I could give you a taste of what I am doing, but I have to keep some air of mystery about it, right?

No comments: