Sunday, April 5, 2009

Happiness is...crunch time & twirl-a-whirls!


1. I'm hunkering down in the studio getting ready for Art City Austin. I'm very nervous & excited about my first juried art festival. So, I'll be super busy in the next couple weeks freaking out and painting and packing! If you are in the Austin area, please stop by! Here are some details:

Dates: April 25-26, 2009

Hours: Saturday, 10am - 6pm & Sunday, 11am - 6pm

Location: Art City Austin 2009 will be held along Cesar Chavez Street from Colorado Street to Lamar, including the S. 1st Street Bridge. Entrances are located on Cesar Chavez at Guadalupe + Colorado + Lamar and the S. 1st Street Bridge (1st Street at Riverside).

Admission: Adults - $8.00 (one day) $15 (2-day Art Pass)
Children 12 and under - FREE
Art activites - $1.00 per activity.


2. Yesterday, I got together with some crafty ladies for what I'm hoping will be Art Club V.2; a once a month get together to make art with friends. We simply dyed eggs to make Cascarones for Easter. It was a total blast to do on an amazing spring day in Texas!



3. Two visits to the carnival this week! A friend's family owns it and they are in Austin this time, so we went and rode fun rides and ate candy apples. Brilliant fun. I took lots of video footage and want to make a little iMovie soon with some awesomely creepy carny music! Be on the lookout!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I have a show Saturday but maybe we can come out Sunday. I would love to see some of your new work in person.